SIS40115 Certificate IV in Sport and Recreation
SIS40115 Sport and Recreation
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who work in the sport and recreation industry in an administrative or organisational capacity. These individuals are able to plan, conduct and evaluate activities of others, deal with unpredictable and non-routine situations and provide leadership and guidance to staff. The course is designed for Pool Lifeguards already working in Aquatic Centres.
Possible job titles include:
- Facility Coordinator
- Administration Coordinator
- Duty Manager
- Recreation Coordinator
- Swim School Coordinator
- Operations Coordinator
- Aquatic Operations Coordinator
No occupational licensing, certification or specific legislative requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
The core units of competency in this course are;
- BSBRSK401 Identify risk and apply risk management processes
- BSBWOR404 Develop work priorities
- CHCCCS020 Repsond effectively to behaviours of concern
- HLTWHS003 Maintain work health and safety
- SISXCCS003 Address client needs
- SISXFIN001 Develop and review budgets for activities or projects
- SISSIND004 Analyse participation patterns
- SISXIND005 Coordinate work teams or groups
- SISXMGT001 Develop and maintain stakeholder relationships
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid (you will need to provide a copy of your current first aid transcript on enrolment)
The elective units of competency in this course are;
- SISCAQU001 Test pool water quality
- SISCAQU003 Maintain aquatic facility plant and equipment
- SISCAQU004 Develop and implement pool water maintenance procedures
- SISCAQU005 Develop and implement aquatic facility maintenance procedures
The remaining three elective units will come from your current Pool Lifeguard Licence (see prerequisite below)
For more information on this qualification please visit the training.gov website.
This course requires access to a sport and recreation industry workplace. Some assessment tasks require you to access workplace resources including plant and equipment and policies and procedures to complete tasks. You will need access to an Aquatic Centre (specifically the plant room) to meet the requirements of the Aquatic Technical Operator skill set in this course.
The course is designed for Pool Lifeguards already working in Aquatic Centres. You will need to hold a current pool lifeguard licence and first aid from the new training package to meet the elective requirements of this course.
Self paced over 12 months, you can study at a time and pace to fit with your busy lifestyle. If you wish to complete your study sooner, feel free! It all comes down to the amount of hours you invest in your study each week. Online learning includes presentations, videos, activities and readings which you can complete in your own time.
The course can also be delivered face-to-face at your workplace, minimum numbers are required depending on your location, please contact Matt on 0438 533 132 to discuss your location and requirements.
Support while studying online or by distance
FAST College understands you will most likely need further assistance while studying. For this reason we offer full-time student support, who are available should you need extra help while studying. You can also make meeting times to discuss the course face to face.
The course provides a pathway to work in Leisure and Aquatic Centres.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
FAST College's RPL process offers prospective students a potentially quicker way to obtain the SIS40115 Certificate IV Sport and Recreation qualification. Undertaking the RPL process allows applicants to use their past qualifications and work related experience in order to match the current unit of competencies that make up the Certificate IV Sport and Recreation. Upon review of an RPL application, prospective students will be informed as to exactly what modules (if any) they need to complete in order to obtain their qualifications.
Face to Face $2,000 ($500 discount if applicants already have the current pool operations course)
Online $1,500 ($500 discount if applicants already have the current pool operations course)